Tuesday 17 May 2011

About MySkills

Academic Style is a writing skill that I prefer to focus on because it is very useful on my writing assignment when I do a Master's Degree in the next few months.

There are four writing tasks that I completed on Academic Style ; task 1 and 2 of Features Academic Style and task 3 and 4 of Distinguishing between informal and formal language.

I have learnt the academic writing style consist of 6 distinguishing features ; formal, succinct, precise, supported, objective/impersonal/indirect and measured/causios.

I would like my classmate to do the Academic Style task, it is particular in task 3 because they can type their answeer on the blank as well.

2 comments:

  1. As your classmate, I tried some tasks at Academic Style. I was surprised because most of the tasks are exactly same to what we are learning at our writing class! These tasks will help us to review what we learnt^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an accomplishment that you did four writing tasks in class, Arisa! Did you get most answers right?

    Look at the last sentence in your post. Do you think you can make some changes on sentence structure and spelling?

    ReplyDelete